sweet-art

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend Indulgence

I mentioned how having a weekday day off is an acceptable consolation to having to work on a weekend but when I don't have to work, I guess it's an opportunity to indulge. I know I'm not meant to but hey, God blessed me with good friends to share meaningful moments with.

Weekend of the 17th...

Lunch at Blue Train, Southbank.
Fish & Chips
Now, the dessert...

An all time favourite - Warmed Chocolate Flourless cake. One of the few places that serves a flourless cake naturally warmed and topped with the rich ganache, it's wicked

Pecan Tart - substantial in thickness, fully loaded with nuts throughout

Sticky Date - Mosit, sweet but not as good as the Lounge

After I finished lunch and dessert, my brother and his wife happened to arrived at the same place and I greedily waited for them to order and had a pinch of the ice mocha, black forest and raspberry choc chip muffin. The muffin is worth trying.

Sunday 18th...

Breakfast at Babka, Brunswick St




Georgian Beans with Fetta - House special

Tea at a creperie...

Poached Pear in Star Anise and Butterscotch Crepe with Mascarpone Cream and Ice cream
- Generously filled, delicious. A good solid flavoured mascarpone would've done it over this runny one

Later in the evening...
Baptism at Planet Shakers
Celebration of Rochelle's (Urban Life member) baptism followed at Nocturno's, Lygon St
Cake...

My dinner - Bailey's Chocolate Cheesecake.
I asked for chocolate ice cream

Nocturno's, where friends meet, has a wide selection of cakes. Although manufactured, it's still very nice and it'll always have a special place in me being the first place I had my first cake in Australia. That wicked first bite sparked the sweet passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home