sweet-art

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Serendipity

The Lounge is a nice place for a casual meet up. It's cosy, conveniently located in the heart of Melbourne and serves a wonderful changing variety of value-for-money meals, desserts and drinks. Last Thursday, I had dinner there with Yii Vern, a dear girlfriend and this picture probably does not do justice in expressing the scrumptious $10 prawn linguini with good cup of coffee we had, but it's beautiful.

Prawn Linguini with roma tomotoes, roquette, pine nuts and oregano oil

The dessert was a generous size chocolate cake with milk chocolate accompaniment instead of a syrup but it's nothing to harp about although the tempting stew rhubarb with vanilla custard and almond biscotti will lead me back to try.

Belgium Chocolate Tart

The food was good and our regular life sharing was fantastic but that night, there was something else. Further into that night when we've finished our meals and there was but only our empty water glass left on the table, a fairly charming blonde guy probably in his late 20s to 30s came over to our table and knelt down. Yii Vern thought he was gonna ask for money whereas I thought he wanted our table seat. Instead, he spoke slowly, saying that I was the most stunning girl he's seen and that he had to come over to let me know. His facial gesture remained serious as I chuckled to Vern. He offered to buy me whatever drink I would like and the usual greedy me was so tempted to pick something from the wide range of cocktail the Lounge had to offer and there was also a 2 for 1 offer so Vern could have a drink as well. Surprisingly, I declined. He offered to get me some water to which I agreed to so he walked away and then returned with a jug of water. He filled my glass and uttered some romantic european sounding phrase and politely walked away. Such a touching moment.

The next day I saw a feature on Today Tonight regarding "First Impressions" and how the 100s of people we briefly pass by each day instantly form an impression of you. It's also said that in general, women think that people including close friends or families see only their flaws overriding the beauty. Men in general think people see the good sides of them. Self esteem and image has always been a problem for women. I do struggle with this at times. I know that I'm created beautiful, in His image but I still have the occasional doubt. That night, He decided to physically reassure me. I thought that that man came over as a dare but when we left, we saw that he was not with a big group of friends but was just having a drink with another mate. Decent looking. He did not ask for my number which is a good thing. It's not my idea of meeting a guy like this, a stranger where our expression will be so fake but
that incident was beautiful. Just a moment. No strings or motive attached.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home