sweet-art

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Super Tuesday

I really wanted to go somewhere with my days off, to feel like I've done something. Not that I've got plenty of time but even one day...it needs to be fully utilised. Most people would say that I don't know how to relax, that I always have to do something. It's bad. I'm probably driving myself so much that I'm causing myself to look older than my biological age.

Anyway, travelling at the moment is too expensive but time back in Melbourne nonetheless was far from ordinary.

I started the day with some errands, proud that it was actually accomplished, followed by an intense Body Attack session. Lunch was nothing to boast about so I decided to have a self coffee session. The Hot Choc Float was sublime, plenty of rich belgium dark chocolate mixed through steaming hot milk topped with some drowning coffee ice cream and chocolate curls, with overflowing froth to slurp... Now that's my version of an Ice Mocha. Perfect for the cool late spring.

After all the sugar, I went for a free private dance lesson which was thoroughly enjoyable despite my rigidity and lack of coordianation. The instructor was not only cute, he was very patient and encouraging. My day only gets better. Since it's a Tuesday, I thought I'd make the most of what the day had to offer and took myself to the movies. Watched a chic flick 'Prada Wears Heels' which is somewhat entertaining but shouts the message that girls should be thin, and not eat carbs. What a devil...

I had to rush from the movies to view an apartment that I was rather keen in securing for next year. I am looking to move at the end of the year. When we arrive though, the agent said that the tenants had to cancel at last minute for personal reasons but suggested we attend another viewing at another similar price unit that was suppose to be gorgeous that was scheduled for this Friday. I have work. My brother and I decided to drive to this apartment to check out the outside but since it turned out to look so good, I shamelessly buzzed the door bell and asked if I could view the inside. The guy inside was surprisingly pleasant and not only did he show us every little detail of his gorgeous place, he asked us to stay for dinner. He was cooking when I interrupted. We couldn't. He got my number because I said I could introduce him to a potential housemate.

Finally, dinner time. Famished. The previous agenda took longer than expected. We were looking forward to dining at the new modern Japanese restaurant in Docklands that I've been eye-ing for over a month because of the beautiful menu choice with a 2 for 1 tuesday offer but when we entered and ask for the special, we were told the offer ended last Tuesday! Argh! Why? No Sushimi cheesecake. Because it's a Tuesday and with 3 other restaurant offering a Super Tuesday offer where they spilt your bill, we decided to give one of them, Saganaki a try. It's a modern Greek restaurant. My first time in a nice Greek place and it's great. The main fare was a suckling pig slow roasted with sage, prunes and honey, and milk fed lamb slow roasted with thyme, rosemary, olive oil and garlic chips. Their roasts are premium free range grain and grass fed stock cooked to perfection between 15-18 hours, served in their own jus with baby potatoes & vegetables à la grecque. Salivation and gastric secretion over-rode any thought and before I had anytime to consider a picture, I devoured my meat, veg and potatoes. Just to add, just before dinner arrived, pleasant guy at gorgeous apartment texted to say thank you for saving his risotto and that it was great meeting us. How sweet. He's relatively cute, keeps his place clean and cooks. Wow. I'm not desperate, just a single girl who's had some sugar, watched a chic flick and dining with her brother and his wife, yeah...I'd be forming thoughts about guys.

The dessert was completely Greek. Interesting.


Yianniotiko se Formakia - A pasty dessert from Ioannina
Coarsely chopped walnuts and kataifi pastry soaked with sugar syrup in a filo pastry cup, served with pistachio and white wine poached pear



Galaktoboureko
Served with berry compote and apricot & kiwi coul
i








Creamy Rice Pudding
A traditional dish topped with crumble and served with a crunchy pistachio cinnamon tuile and candied orange

- this pudding is lovely. The crumble is loose but formed and very crunchy, having more texture than the average fruit crumble which is a fantastic compliment to the creamy rice pudding beneath. The occasional bite with the pistachio ice cream brings joy to the warmth and the orange is fine, but adds so much flavour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home