sweet-art

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wild Flour

This week has been and will be my brekky indulging week. Tuesday morning we went to Small Block on Lygon St, Brunswick East and it was beautiful. Unfortunately the food was too tempting and we were too hungry that we devoured our breakfast before I remembered to snap. We shared a big breakfast which had perfectly poached eggs, homemade hash and baked beans, bacon, spinach and roasted field mushrooms and for $15, that's pretty decent. The omelette with blue cheese and walnuts entertained the palate with such flavour that you wouldn't need salt I reckon. The ricotta pancakes with poached pear, maple and barbados cream was fantastic. Pancakes without ice cream and still beautiful, I wished I got pictures.

Today however, I captured what I had at Wild Flour - French toast with poached figs, maple and ricotta. Unique combination, lovely presentation and huge portion. Nice. Everything on the menu is pretty expensive though because they're organic. I'm tempted to return to try the hot breakfast but that'll be about $20 for a plate. To note, many people were coming in to take away loaves and a few patrons highly recommended their pastries. It's a nice cosy place with good quality food but a tad expensive.


French toast - plentiful plump figs sandwiched in between crispy toast served with ricotta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home